- Beyond Dual-Supervision: the Many Benefits of Annotator Rationales for Relevance Judgments.
In Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCIA): Sister Conference Best Paper Track, 2017. (to appear)
- Why Is That Relevant? Collecting Annotator Rationales for Relevance Judgments.
In Proceedings of the Fourth AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP), 2016. Best Paper Award.
[ pdf ] [ slides ] [ data ] [ blog ] [ press ]
- Neural Information Retrieval: A Literature Review.
Technical Report, University of Texas at Austin, (pre-print), 2016. ArXiv 1611.06792.
[ pdf ]
- An Empirical Study of API Stability and Adoption in the Android Ecosystem.
In Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM), 2013.
[ pdf ] [ Slides ]
- Multi-Task Deep Representation Learning, 2016
[ Paper ]
- Crowdsourcing Relevance Judgments Using Reinforcement Learning, 2016
[ Paper ]
- Synonymy and Antonymy Detection in Distributional Models, 2016
Distributional models are flexible representations of semantic meaning, in which words are represented through the textual contexts in which they appear. Here we show that sentiment features outperform pattern-based and narrow-context approaches for differentiating synonyms and antonyms in distributional spaces. We also introduce an unsupervised method based on our Distributional Sentiment Hypothesis.
[ Paper ]
- GASP: The Graduate Admission Support Program, 2013
A statistical machine learning system built for the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at the University of Texas at Austin that uses historic admissions data to classify incoming graduate school applicants.
[ Poster ] [ Related ]
- Automatic Segmentation of Neurons in Electron Micrograph Images, 2013
Developed a pipeline for building 3D models of neurons from high-resolution electron micrograph images.
[ Slides ]
- Crystal Growth and Analysis of Select Oligothiophenes for Integration in Photovoltaics, 2010
An investigation of organic materials that might enable higher efficiency, lower cost solar panels.
[ Poster ]